July 9, 2008

NASCAR And McLaren Technology Centre


Jim France, vice chairman and executive vice president of NASCAR and the chief executive officer (CEO) of International Speedway Corporation (ISC), spent time at the McLaren Technology Centre.

Commenting on his visit he said, "I am very impressed by what I see here today at the McLaren Technology Centre. I have seen a lot more technology than I would in the garages at Nascar and IRL level where obviously they are also dedicated racers and working with whatever materials they have. However, I am impressed by the level of manufacturing capability at the McLaren Technology Centre and the development and engineering that goes on at this facility"

Martin Whitmarsh, who accompanied Mr France on the tour, said "It has been a fantastic opportunity to discuss and compare notes on our differing areas of motorsport. We share many common goals and aspirations and I know that we can learn a lot from each other."

No comments: